Tuesday, October 15, 2013

DIY Cake Stand

     I'm a thrift store junkie. I love the hunt for a deal! It's thrilling. :-) ANYWAYS, I was at a local thrift store and I saw this pretty plate and a clear candle stick. I've been wanting to try to make those cake plates and such, and here were the perfect pieces to use! They were a dollar each. So $2 for a cake plate! 
  
   I measured the center of the plate and marked it on the underside. I followed the instructions on the package of the E6000 glue I had. So, I lightly sanded both the bottom of the plate and the top of the candlestick. Next, run a small line of E6000 on both the plate and the candlestick. Let sit for 2 minutes, then place the two together.  Let the pieces sit for 24 hours before using.  Now it's a pretty plate, cake stand, fruit plate, candle holder, whatever!  For $2!!! Yay!  Right now it's a riser in the bowl I use for fruit, so there's a lot more space to hold yummy fresh fruit!


     I'm getting addicted to making new things from thrifted items! I can't wait to post pictures of my latest DIY project!!! WOOHOO! It's super cute! Hopefully I can get a post up about it before Halloween! Speaking of Halloween, anyone wearing DIY costumes? I'm all about that since it usually saves you lots of money and you can be soo much more creative! I still don't know what I'm going to dress up as tho.....hmmmm......suggestions?
     For your listening pleasure. I absolutely LOVED this cover!!! They did amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment