Friday, September 13, 2013

This is happening too fast!!!

    I want to tell my daughter to slow down!! Last night she stood without holding on to anything, she's been cruising around furniture for over a week now, and she's now said "mama" and "dada". 
     It's going too fast! I see her growing up a little more everyday, and while I'm so excited for her little accomplishments, part of me wants to cry because I know that all too soon she'll be running around our apartment. Then she'll be writing her name, going to school, and riding a bike! 
      I know I'm being dramatic about this but seriously. Is there any way to make it slow down?! I'm not ready for my baby girl to grow up! I want her to stay small so I can cuddle with her in the early morning hours, rock her to sleep, make her laugh by playing pattycake, read her Harold and the purple crayon, sing hushabye baby and Jesus loves me, and dig paper bits out of her mouth! 
     Don't get me wrong, I LOVE watching her discover and figure out new things! She loves the sound of paper being crinkled. She is enthralled with music. She loves to "dance". She's friendly and loves to meet new people. She is such a blessing from God! I'm so happy to be her mama!

1 comment:

  1. I remember feeling that way, Christin. I thought every stage with Caeti-Leigh was going to be the best, and I loved each one at least as much, if not more than the last. Enjoy every minute, they're all precious. And yes, they do grow up too fast!

    ReplyDelete